March 8, 2012

"honey, we're having a baby....."

"Please don't pass out."

I was home alone when I saw the pink lines and I immediately knew I wanted to share the news with Brandon in a special way - on his birthday.  That meant keeping the secret for two whole days....torture!  Since we were going to dinner just the two if to celebrate I decided to wrap a little "birthday gift" for him.




I included a pacifier, a baby hat and a onesie.



I printed a fitting verse on a onesie:
 "For this child we prayed, and the Lord answered our prayers."
1 Samuel 1:27
and placed that on the top so it would be the first thing he read upon opening.


The day of Bran's birthday dinner a snow storm decided to roll through threatening our plans.  Nothing was going to stand in my way though- even when the restaurant called to confirm if we were still planning on heading out in the storm for our reservation.  We may have been the only people in the restaurant for a good portion of the night but I didn't mind keeping a large restaurant open just for us.  I could not keep this news to myself any longer.  So I pushed my gift on him every 2 minutes from the moment we sat down.  Each time he said in a little bit.  It got awkward.  Then I forced him to open the gift and it got more awkward.  He caught on pretty quickly but it put him into a state of shock that took the entire meal to combat.  A very happy shock of course.

Needless to say he won't forget this birthday.


Next up how we told our families......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok,,, when are you posting what names you are thinking of!! I can't wait to hear!!
Thanks for sharing this special moment!!! How wonderful!! Congrats!!!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

How sweet and a great memory congratulations

cal+claire said...

So fun! I couldn't wait to tell my husband - I got up early in the morning to take the test and it was positive. I woke him up out of a dead sleep and said, "Are you listening to me? We're pregnant!" He was very flustered haha

Aimee said...

Jess - I LOVE this! So cute.

Lily Bean said...

how fun! so cute. congrats!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you told Brandon! The onesie is adorable! So excited for you guys!!

Amy Capps

Lauren Shannon said...

Your baby is going to be the best dressed baby in the world.

Chelsea Leis said...

I love the verse. And I know that he loved this gift so much. A birthday, and a new blessing which is your new baby – this calls for a celebration! =) Congratulations, guys! I wish you the best of luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...