December 4, 2011

O Christmas Tree




Well I am sorry that I have been a terrible blogger lately.  I've been so busy enjoying the holidays and all my friends and family that I really haven't been doing much crafting, knitting or house projects.  There just really has been nothing interesting enough to share with you all.  And to be honest, I have really enjoyed just enjoying life.  Don't get me wrong though....I still love my DIY and crafting projects and especially sharing it here but I'm not going to kill myself to get posts out if there isn't really anything worth sharing.

This however, is totally worth sharing....maybe.  Christmas is my favorite holiday for so many reasons. First, it is the advent season where we spend time preparing our hearts for the birth of Jesus (or the celebration of the birth of Jesus), we celebrate his life and give praise to God for the gift of his Son, our Savior.  It is easy for me to lose sight of this amongst all the magic of the season - the twinkling lights, bedazzled trees, fresh snow, warm fires, pretty packages and even quality time with family and friends.  Oh and the holiday music and movies.  All of these are great, fun things and they are all reasons why I love Christmas but I am challenging myself to enjoy these things second to the joy of focusing my heart and mind on my Savior and what his birth truly means for me in my life.  If you can resonate with me too then I challenge you to do the same and if you have any great traditions, devotions or any other things you do to re-focus yourself amongst all the good cheer then please share with me!

With all that being said, we did have a wonderful weekend picking out tree and decking the halls all by a warm, crackling fire with the holiday tunes blasting. It was such a relaxing, cozy and fun weekend with the hubs and pups!













Hope you all have a joyful and fun and meaningful Christmas season!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Jessica, today, on my blog, I have given the link for your blog; it's in french. And I speak of your rose's tutorial (my speciality is textil basket and embroidery)I hope that your blog will be known in france. It merits it!

Rhianne Jhane said...

Woah! I love the content adding images on this blog.

http://www.caramembuatwebsiteku.com/kenapa-membeli-domain-lama/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...