July 5, 2011

Furniture Update #1

So awhile back I posted about some pieces of furniture I picked up that were in need of some major help.  I thought I would be done with all three by now but I barely finished one.  I don't think it even counts since it officially isn't even painted. 





I bought this for $10 at a local used furniture store in our area.  There were about 20 of these lined up.  They came from a local hotel that went out of business.  They are old TV boxes - thus the giant hole in the back.

I sanded the whole thing down and since it was such a nice, solid piece of wood I decided to leave it natural.  It just needed a little protection.




I also added a shelf for better storage and then some curtains to hide all my mess.



Now it is settled in my guest/craft room to keep my sewing machine and fabric in place.




Thanks for stopping by!

Somewhat Simple

3 comments:

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I would never have guessed that it was a TV cabinet! I think you could also make a pretty rocking bar out of it as well-maybe paint it a fun color, add a piece of glass to the top. . .

Unknown said...

Jenn, that is an amazing idea!! Thank you. Right now I don't have the space anywhere else in my house but that's what I love about this piece it can morph into anything easily. Definitely keeping that idea in mind!

Arun Kumar said...

Hi log furnitures are very useful and The other type of discount log furniture that is available is generally of lower quality. There are those who love log furniture, but can not afford the high prices of quality wood, so they can buy lower quality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...