February 15, 2011

what else could break



No, I'm not testing out some new home decor just doing the laundry.  Desperately drying the laundry in fact.

And now I am scouring the internet looking for great, killer, out of this world washer/dryer deals.  Why is such an amazing deal so important?

Well because that was the last thing to break but probably not the last.  No only do we have to replace the washer/dryer - which is essential but we also have to replace the furnace and the water heater - also essential.   There is only so long you can go with sporadic cold showers, ridiculously high bills and NO clean clothing.  I may or may not be going out in public in one of my husbands polo shirts tonight.  It's cute on him - not me.

So we have some purchases coming up and I would love to get great quality for very little.  I think we are going to pay what we need to pay for the water heater and furnace but I feel like I can try and get a deal on the washer and dryer.  I think we are going to start at the Sears Outlet and see what they have.  Do you have any suggestions?  For great deals or specific models?  I haven't done my research yet.

The positive - once we shell out the cash up front for these puppies we will gain years of peace of mind and energy savings.  So worth it!

6 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Get a front loading washer... the clothes come out very, very "dry" so that it takes way less time to dry them in the dryer. They are also better on your clothes and use way less water :) I have a Bosch set that is 6 years old and I LOVE, LOVE them (well if you can love a washer and dryer.)

~Chris

Abby said...

Pay the money for the water heater and furnace. BUT look for a good set of used washer/dryers. Wheaton is such a great area for that. You should be able to go on Craigslist and find a set someone is trying to get rid of for cheap that are practically brand new.
Oh and a tip for drying in the mean time- take all your hangers out of your closet and hang everything on them. Get creative and your pants will stay on the hangers then you can hang them from door frames, curtain rods, doors, door knobs, shower curtain rods, etc and they will dry way faster than your couch. I am a master of hanging things to dry :)

Anonymous said...

We installed an indoor clothesline in the laundry room. It's high up so its out of the way when not in use, but perfect for hanging things that you don't want shrunk in the dryer. We put out wet coats and jackets there too. They have retractable indoor clotheslines too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the tips! My laundry is currently drying at my parent's and we are looking at machines this weekend!

Designed by Chance said...

I'm sorry to hear about so many big purchases this month. I had to replace my furnace last year and it hurt. I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

Oh thank you for commiserating with me Chandeen! (Beautiful name by the way) I hope your furnace was well worth it for you. I am glad I can say that about our pieces - major energy savings - our bills are happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...